More blood. More sex. More deaths. That’s how werewolf Alcide (Joe Manganiello) described the season finale of True Blood. It’s only a day away before the third season ends and I can already feel my blood boiling for Eric (Alexander Skarsgard).
Here’s the preview from HBO:
And for bloody scoops:
- There will be an adrenaline rush-inducing fight scene between Eric and Russel (Denis O’Hare) and Pam (Kristin Bauer) kicks her ass off to save her maker. Godric re-appears and sprinkles some act of mercy for Eric towards Russel.
- Seems Sookie (Anna Paquin) will get involve in a fight as well.
- But, wait! Why do I get the feeling that Russel won’t be out for good. The fae blood must have worked, eh?
- I surmise from the preview, that after the Fangtasia ruckus is over, Bill (Stephen Moyer) reports to Queen Sophie-Anne (Evan Rachel Wood) that both Eric and Russel are “gone”. Then, he presents Sookie to the Queen. Now, I can sense Sookie will have more doubts about Bill’s intentions to her. The last few episodes of the season already hinted that Sookie is contemplating of breaking up with Bill and living her own life without connection to any of her “vampire friends.”
- What’s wrong with Sam (Sam Trammell)? Definitely a lot. His aura this season has been very, very dark. If I were Tommy (Marshall Allman), I would not mess with my brother. The preview shows Sam either killed someone or saved someone, with blood all over his hands. Tara (Rutina Wesley) seems to be involved, though.
- I found the whole Arlene’s baby storyline creepy. I hope to see an end to it in the finale.
What you should watch out for in Season 4:
- Season 4 will be the year of the witch. And werevolves, please? I know Joe’s definitely up for next season.
- Eric will get amnesia. The Eric-Sookie romance heats up and I love it! Ever since Eric’s first appearance in the series, I knew he is the perfect vampire. Not sure, though, if the blood bond between him and Sookie will happen in next season.
- Tommy (Marshall Allman) will remain next season. My relationship with Tommy has been the love-and-hate kind. But after watching the preview, I think the writers have developed more twists in his character that are worth watching out for.
- I cringe whenever I see Holly (Lauren Bowles) and since this will be the year of the witch, it seems I will cringe a lot next season.
That’s all for now, fangbangers. True Blood SE03 finale, Evil is Going On, airs Sunday, September 12 at 9/8c on HBO.